Udaan Scheme J&K Apply Online Kashmir Udaan Yojana : This industry specific initiative called ‘UDAAN‘ scheme in Jammu and Kashmir is Aimed at skilling 40,000 youth in key high growth sectors over five years and enhancing their employability. The scheme is being implemented in PPP mode by the National Skill Development Council (NSDC) and the corporate sector.
Udaan Scheme J&K Apply Online Login
It has been started by the Ministry of Aviation for 10 years. Its main purpose is to cover and connect far flung areas. Along with this, connectivity has to be increased even to small towns. Under this scheme, a target has been set to develop 100 airports by 2024 and this scheme has been completed in 5 years.
Special Industry Initiative(SII J&K) ‘Kashmir Udaan Yojana’
1. The PMO-appointed Expert Group, chaired by Dr. C. Rangarajan, to develop a job plan for the state of Jammu and Kashmir recommended the Scheme Special Industry Initiative for J&K. The SII J&K ‘Udaan’ Over a five-year period, the scheme will teach skills and improve the employability of 40,000 youth in important high-growth areas. The program’s goal is to place trained workers in wellpaying positions.
The Scheme is being National Skill Development Council (NSDC) and the corporate sector in a public-private partnership (PPP). Graduates, postgraduates, professional degree holders, and three-year engineering certificate holders are all eligible for the Scheme.
Companies that have been identified screen and recruit students from the state. A training module is finalized after assessing the trainees’ skill gaps. Trainees are moved to the location where they will get training. The trainee gets interviewed for a position with the company after completing the course.
2. Companies that have been identified screen and recruit students from the state. A training module is finalized after assessing the trainees’ skill gaps. Trainees are moved to the location where they will get training. The trainee gets interviewed for a position with the company after completing the course.
3. The Scheme was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) during its meeting on July 7, 2011. On January 24, 2013, CCEA authorized changes to the Scheme’s standards to make it more flexible and relevant, based on the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries (COS) and experience acquired in its implementation.
4. The Scheme would cost the government Rs.750.00 crore in total. The total other incidental expenses (travel, boarding and lodging, honorarium, and travel and medical/accident insurance) for each candidate shall not exceed Rs.1,35,625 per candidate. The Corporate, an Udaan partner, will be paid Rs 50,000/- per candidate if it offers a position to the trainee (inside or outside the organization) and the trainee stays in the employment for at least 90 days following successful completion of training. However, the employment must take place within 6 months of the completion of the course. However, the PSUs must shoulder the entire cost of implementing the scheme from their CSR budget.
5. Status of implementation of the Scheme may be seen at www.nsdcudaan.com
Kashmir Udaan Yojana Scheme
The Udaan program is a Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Special Industry Initiative (SSI). The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) operates the Udaan scheme, which is funded and monitored by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Udaan scheme is a key initiative of the Central Government aimed at engaging educated individuals from the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Based on the Rangarajan Committee’s report, this scheme was launched in fiscal year 2011-12. It seeks to reach around 40,000 J&K youths over a five-year period. However, the government extended this scheme, and it is currently nearing the end of its life.
Objectives of the Jammu Kashmir Udaan Scheme
The Udaan scheme aims to provide skills training and increase the employability of the unemployed youth of J&K. It covers the graduates, professional degree holders, post-graduates, and three-year engineering diploma holders of the J&K state. It has the following two objectives:
- To provide exposure to the graduates and post-graduates of J&K to the best of the corporates in India.
- To provide the corporates in India exposure to the rich talent pool present in J&K state.
Eligibility Criteria for the J&K Udaan Scheme
The eligibility criteria for a person to obtain training under the Udaan scheme are as follows:
- The candidate needs to be a resident of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The candidate must be between 18 to 40 years of age.
- The candidate should be a graduate, professional degree holder, post-graduate, three-year engineering diploma holder, or final year graduation student.
- The candidate must be unemployed on the date of joining the training.
Benefits Provided Under the Udaan Scheme
The selected eligible candidates/trainees will receive a minimum of Rs.2500 per month as a stipend during the training period. They will also be covered with medical or travel accident insurance against travel accidents, exigencies, and illnesses at Rs.1500 per trainee.
Implementation of the Udaan Scheme Skill Development
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is the scheme’s Implementing Agency (IA). The Ministry of Home Affairs and the IA will work with the nominated corporations to establish various locations in J&K as recruitment centers for the selection of unemployed youth both off and on campus. The company and the IA will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to carry out this strategy.
The company will send teams to several colleges to find and choose qualified applicants for training. Following the selection of candidates, the company will notify them of the start date, duration of the course, training centers, lodging, transportation, and so on.
Training Under the Udaan Education Scheme
Corporates determine the curriculum, location, and duration of training depending on the needs and profile of their organization in order to improve the skill and employability of the chosen applicant. However, depending on the necessity and profile of the company, the training term will be for a least of three months and a maximum of six months.
Placement Under the Udaan Scheme for Girls Students
The candidate/trainee can be interviewed for placement either during or after the training. The corporation will conduct interviews through a placement agency or by hosting a job fair. When the candidate/trainee is successfully placed, the IA will reimburse the business Rs.50,000.
The corporate will receive reimbursement from the IA provided:
- It offers a job to the trainee for at least 90 days after the training, within or outside the company.
- The employment must happen within six months from the completion of training.
The J&K government’s Udaan Scheme provides job possibilities for the state’s youth. This plan received 44,369 applications. 38,798 of the 44,369 candidates completed training, and 24,184 were hired in a variety of fields. This program, which helps adolescents in the state of Jammu and Kashmir find jobs and get training for a bright future, is backed by over 115 enterprises.
Kashmir Udaan Yojana (FAQ)
What is Udaan scheme for girls?
The government would provide free sanitary napkins to all girls and female students in Rajasthan under the Udaan initiative. Women, girls, and female students will benefit from good health and cleanliness by receiving free sanitary napkins.
What is the age limit in Udaan Yojana?
Women and girls in the age group of 11 to 45 years can avail benefits under this scheme. Can avail benefits under IM Shakti Udaan Yojana as per the criteria laid down.
When did the second phase of UDAAN scheme start?
The scheme was launched in October, 2016 with the main objective of facilitating regional air connectivity.
I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end.