Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana: (DDJAY) is a housing scheme initiated by the Government of Haryana, India. It aims to provide affordable housing to the economically weaker sections (EWS), lower-income groups (LIG), and other eligible beneficiaries in the state. Here are some key points about the scheme.
1. Affordable Housing: DDJAY focuses on promoting affordable housing in designated development areas across Haryana. The objective is to make homeownership more accessible to those who may not have the means to purchase a house at market rates.
2. Eligibility Criteria: The scheme primarily targets EWS and LIG categories, and eligibility criteria may vary based on income levels and other factors determined by the state government.
3. Developer-Led Projects: Developers are encouraged to participate in DDJAY by constructing affordable housing projects. These projects must adhere to the specific guidelines and regulations set by the Haryana government for affordable housing.
4. Pricing Cap: One of the key features of DDJAY is the price cap on the sale of affordable housing units. The state government sets a maximum sale price per square foot to ensure affordability for the target beneficiaries.
5. Infrastructure Development: The scheme emphasizes the development of necessary infrastructure and amenities in the designated areas to create a sustainable and livable environment for residents.
6. Application and Allocation: Eligible individuals can apply for affordable housing units under DDJAY through a defined application process. Allocation of housing units is typically done through a transparent and fair lottery system.
7. Subsidies and Incentives: The government may offer financial incentives and subsidies to developers to encourage their participation in affordable housing projects.
8. Monitoring and Compliance: The Haryana government oversees the implementation of the scheme to ensure that the projects adhere to the prescribed guidelines and that beneficiaries receive the benefits they are entitled to.
Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana
Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana It was started in 2016 by the Haryana Government to provide their own houses to the poor families of its state. Under this scheme, colonies are constructed by the state government in collaboration with private construction companies on 5 to 15 acres of land. In these colonies, the area of each housing plot is 150 square meters and the plot area ratio is 2. Apart from this, the area under roads is 10% of the total licensed area.
After the colonies are constructed, the builder has to give 10% of the licensed area to the government free of cost, on which the government provides some basic facilities to the citizens.Through Haryana Deendayal Jan Awas Yojana 2023, the state government is realizing the dream of having their own house by providing houses at affordable prices to all the poor families of the state.
Deendayal Jan Awas Yojana Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana|
|Starting year||year 2016|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of the State|
|Objective||To Provide Housing to Poor Citizens at Affordable Rates.|
Benefits of Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana Haryana
- Haryana Government launched Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana in 2016.
- This program provides affordable housing to economically weaker families in the state.
- Builders and state government construct these colonies. The houses built in these colonies are then offered to low income families at very low prices.
- Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana Haryana, low-income families of the state will get their own houses in the future.
- Ten percent of the licensed area should be given to the government free of cost after the builder constructs the colonies to provide some basic services to the citizens.
- According to this scheme, colonies are built on 5 to 15 acres of land, with a ratio of housing plot area of 150 square meters to plot area of 2.
- Earlier, a clause in the scheme stated that the government would hold 50% of the salable area. However, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar repealed this clause in 2022.
Deendayal Jan Awas Yojana Characteristics
- People working at home will not feel financially strong.
- This program will empower eligible citizens and make them self-reliant.
- Creating colonies with builders and selling the houses built there at very low prices to low income families.
- With this facility, residents of eligible families will get access to their homes.
- Construction of housing for low-income families.
Documents required for Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana
The specific documents required for Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana (DDJAY) may vary depending on the state and the implementing agency. However, here is a general list of documents that are commonly required for applying for affordable housing under DDJAY:
- Proof of Identity (Any one of the following):
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Proof of Address (Any one of the following):
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Utility Bill (electricity, water, gas, etc.)
- Rent Agreement
- Proof of Income (For EWS and LIG Categories):
- Income Certificate issued by a competent authority
- Salary slips or income statements
- Income Tax Returns (ITR)
- Passport-sized photographs of the applicant and family members
- Residential Certificate (For Residential Eligibility):
- Proof of residence in the state or specific locality as per DDJAY guidelines.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable):
- For individuals belonging to scheduled castes or other reserved categories.
- Bank Account Details:
- Bank account number and a copy of the bank passbook or statement for financial transactions related to the scheme.
- Affidavit and Application Form:
- Completed application forms provided by the housing authority.
- Any required affidavits or declarations as specified in the application.
- Other Relevant Documents:
- Any additional documents or certificates as required by the state government or implementing agency.
It’s essential to note that the exact documentation requirements may vary from state to state and may change over time. Therefore, it’s advisable to check with the local government or housing authority in your area to get the most up-to-date and accurate information on the documents required for applying to the Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana in your specific region.