Gruha Jyothi Scheme | Apply Online 2023: The Karnataka State Government announced the implementation of the “Gruha Jyoti Scheme” to improve the welfare of the populace by giving free electricity to state inhabitants. By giving every residential household in Karnataka free electricity for up to 200 units, this program’s primary goal is to lower electricity prices. The existing Kuteera Jyothi, Amrutha Jyothi, and Bhagya Jyothi programmes would be combined with the Gruha Jyothi scheme, according to the government.
Gruha Jyothi Scheme
The Gruha Jyothi scheme in Karnataka seeks to improve locals’ quality of life. Citizens who use up to 200 units of electricity per month are free from paying the electricity bill, saving them roughly Rs. 1,000 every month.
|Scheme name||Gruha Jyothi Scheme|
|Introduced by||Government of Karnataka|
|Implementation date||1 Aug 2023|
|Gruha Jyothi Scheme Registration Starting date||18 June 2023|
|Gruha Jyothi Scheme Last Date of Registration||5 July 2023|
The Energy Department expects the Gruha Jyothi initiative to get between 5 and 10 lakh applications every day. Through the Seva Sindhu portal, Karnataka residents can register for this program online from their laptops, smartphones, and desktop computers. To register for this program offline, they can also go to the Grama One, Karnataka One, or Bangalore One Centers.
The 2.14 crore families in Karnataka State who, on average over the past year, used less than 200 power units per month will benefit from this program. This program was put into place by the government on August 1st, 2023, for July electricity usage. If monthly usage is under 200 units, there will be no electricity cost for the residents.
Gruha Jyoti Scheme: Eligibility criteria
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for the Gruha Jyoti scheme:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- Only residential/domestic connections are eligible for application.
- A homeowner can only apply for one electric meter or connection.
- Tenants can also apply if the meter is in the homeowner’s name.
- Aadhaar card of the applicant has to be linked with the consumer ID mentioned in the electricity bill.
How to apply for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme?
You can apply for the Gruha Jyothi scheme offline through Bangalore One, Grama One or Karnataka One centres. In order to apply online, log in to the Seva Sindhu portal and follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official Seva Sindhu portal and log into your account. Register yourself in case you are a new user.
Step 2: Click on the Gruha Jyothi icon and fill out the application form.
Step 3: Read the declaration and click on ‘I agree.’
Step 4: Enter the captcha code and click on the submit button.
After the submission, an acknowledgement message will be sent to your registered mobile number. Save the message for future reference.
Gruha Jyoti Scheme application form
The Gruha Jyoti Scheme application form can be obtained by visiting the closest Bangalore One, Karnataka One, or Grama One Centers by those who qualify. They must complete the form and deliver it to the appropriate centers.
Offline application centers for the Gruha Jyothi scheme:
• Grama One centers
• Karnataka One centers
• Bangalore One centers
You can contact the Karnataka Electricity Department for more information on the Gruha Jyothi scheme or to find out the nearest application center to you.
Gruha Jyoti Scheme: Documents required
Here are the documents required for the scheme:
|Documents required for Gruha Jyoti Scheme|
|Passport Size Photograph|
Gruha Jyoti Scheme Karnataka benefits
Residents of Karnataka will receive up to 200 units of free power each month under the Gruha Jyoti Scheme. No matter their caste or place of residence, all citizens receive free power. As a result, everyone living in Karnataka, including tenants and residents from neighboring states, can receive free power for up to 200 units, lowering their electricity costs and saving money. Approximately 8 lakh persons applied for the Gruha Jyothi initiative to receive free electricity as of June 20, 2023.
• Free electricity up to 200 units per month: This means that homes won’t be required to pay any electricity bills if they use less than 200 units of electricity each month. Low-income households might significantly benefit from this because it can help them save money each month.
• To be eligible, a household must use less than 200 units of electricity per month and not owe any money, so only relatively low-energy-using homes are eligible for the program. This is done to make sure the program is financially viable and that the government doesn’t end up shelling out more money for it than it collects.
• When submitting an application for the program, households must include their Aadhaar number, consumer ID/account ID, and tenancy proof (if applicable): This data is necessary to confirm the applicant’s identification and determine whether they are qualified for the program.
• Once a household registers for the program, they will receive free electricity up to the first 200 units of electricity they use each month, which means they won’t have to pay an electricity bill for those first 200 units. They will be charged for any additional units they use at the standard rate.
• Over 20 million households in Karnataka are anticipated to benefit from the program, which indicates that it might have a big impact on the lives of many residents of the state.
Some important points
You must send both the original and photocopied documentation if you are applying for the Gruha Jyothi scheme offline.The authority will keep the photocopies for use in verification.
You must scan and upload the documents as part of your application if you’re applying for the program online.
It is significant to note that depending on the circumstances of the applicant, the documentation needed for the Gruha Jyothi program may change. For instance, if the applicant is a minor, they might also need to submit birth certificates or letters of approval from their guardians.
You can ask the Karnataka Electricity Department for guidance if you’re unsure of the documents you’ll need to submit an application for the Gruha Jyothi scheme.
Gruha Jyoti Scheme helpline number
Helpline number – 08022279954, 8792662814, 8792662816
Guidelines for Gruha Jyothi Scheme
- To apply for the scheme, eligible consumers must submit applications from June 15th to July 5th, 2023, to ensure swift processing.
- The scheme is applicable from August 1st, 2023, which means that July 2023 electricity bills will be eligible for it.
- You need to submit an Aadhaar card and relevant address proofs depending on your residence status in the state.
- Free electricity up to 200 units per month will be provided by the state government free of cost.
- One big clause of the scheme is that electricity subsidy above 10 percent of your average household consumption will not be provided. For instance, in case your average monthly electricity consumption is 100 units, a subsidy of not more than 110 units will not be provided in any billing month.
- Another aspect of the scheme is that bills with consumption of over 200 units in a month will have to pay the non-subsidised amount on the entire bill. This is contrary to a minimum of 200 units provided for free in Delhi.
- The scheme is expected to aid electricity bill relief for 96% of consumers in the state.
I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end.