Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana: As of August 10, the Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme 2023 is beginning to distribute phones. The phones will then be distributed gradually after this.
The Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme 2023 has been made available to women by the Rajasthani government. 1 crore 35 lakh women in Rajasthan will receive smartphones as part of this programme, phase-by-phase. In addition, the government of Rajasthan is offering free internet access for a period of three years. Over 2381340 families have profited from this program thus far.
You must first determine whether you qualify for this program if you wish to participate in it as well. Because of this, e-KYC is required. The free mobile plan cannot be used without it. Actually, e-KYC is used to identify the beneficiary.
It’s simple to complete E-KYC by going to the Free Mobile Scheme Camp. But for this, you need to have a Jan Aadhar card. Allow us to explain the Rajasthan Free Mobile Scheme in more detail.
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana
The Indira Gandhi Free Smart Phone Scheme was introduced by the Rajasthani government to encourage women in the state to become more digitally literate and empowered. Rajasthani women and daughters will receive free smartphones as part of this program.
The Chief Minister’s budget announcement included a plan to give the female head of the Chiranjeevi family a smartphone with internet access. On August 10, 2023, the Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme will be introduced.
In accordance with this scheme, women from the Chiranjeevi family as well as girls enrolled in classes 9 through 12 and college will also receive smartphones. Applying to be eligible for this scheme will grant you a free smartphone if you are a woman and a daughter of Rajasthan.
The government intends to organize camps in phases with respect to mobile distribution. The government of Rajasthan is going to give smartphones to over 1 crore 30 lakh women and daughters.
The recipients will receive smartphones equipped with SIM data connectivity from both government and commercial mobile phone providers and telecom service providers. As part of the government program, the first phase of smartphone distribution will begin on April 10 and involve setting up camps at the district and block levels.
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana Overview
|Name of scheme||Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana|
|Started||By Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot|
|Beneficiary||Students and women of the state|
|Aim||Empowering and digitally literate women of the state|
|Rajasthan contact helpline number||181|
Objective of the Scheme
The primary goal of the Rajasthan government’s Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme is to provide digital literacy to the state’s mothers, sisters, and daughters so they can participate in various government programs and handle their own banking. With free smartphones, women and students will be able to support themselves.
Camps will be organized at district and block level.
Women will not need to go anywhere to apply under the Indira Gandhi Free Smart Phone Scheme. The Rajasthan government will organize camps at the district and block level for the implementation of this scheme. Women and daughters of the state will be able to apply by going to the camps.
The beneficiary will have to carry his/her Janadhar card, PAN card, Aadhaar card, pension PPO number. Apart from this, students studying in higher educational institutions in government schools will have to go to the camp with ID card enrollment card with them.
If a beneficiary is below 18 years of age, then the head of the family will have to bring jan Aadhaar card, Aadhaar card, PAN card to the camp.
Number of beneficiaries under Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana
Under this scheme, smartphones will be given to 30 thousand 336 women in Kota district. Apart from this, 893 beneficiaries are women in Etawah, 903 in Kathoon, 18279 in Kota South, 7173 in Kota North, 1101 in Ramjganj Gaddi, 772 in Sangod, 525 in Sultanpur.
In rural areas, a total of 39,794 women, including 6,759 in Etawah, 8,390 in Sultanpur, 8,534 in Sangod, 10,251 in Khairabad, 5,850 in Ladpura, will be benefited. In all, 70 thousand 130 women of Kota district will join this scheme.
Priority will be given to the families of girl students studying in government schools and ITIs, besides the number of widows and women working in MGNREGA.
Camp information will be available on mobile
Under this scheme, eligible beneficiaries will be provided information about the camp through mobile. The beneficiaries will be informed about the address of the camp and the date of attendance in the camp by SMS on the mobile number registered with their Jan Aadhaar card.
Apart from this, the said information will also be sent by the local administration personally to the concerned families. So that women can apply by going to the camps organized on time.
New update in Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana
With the announcement of the assembly elections, Rajasthan implemented the model code of conduct. As a result, the free mobile plan is currently prohibited. Over 40 lakh women have received mobile phones from the government thus far. However, mobile phones still need to be provided to roughly 10 million women.
By the way, allow us to inform you that the Chief Minister or any other minister will not be able to lay the cornerstone or inaugurate anything following the implementation of the code of conduct. Given this, it begs the question of when one crore women will be eligible for free mobile service.
Experts predict that the newly elected government will be able to resume the “Free Mobile Scheme” on December 3rd, following the assembly elections. The Gehlot government has been setting up camps and giving away free mobile phones to state women for the past two months.
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana List: First Phase
Forty lakh women from Chiranjeevi families in the state are receiving smartphones as part of the Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme’s first phase.
40 lakh women, including college students and girls enrolled in government schools from grades 9 through 12, will receive smartphones in the first phase of the program.
Widows and widowers, ITI/girl students enrolled in polytechnics Included are women with pensions for single women, female heads of households who have worked 100 days under MNREGA, and female heads of households who have worked 50 days under the Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme.
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana List: Second Phase
The remaining 95 lakh women will receive smartphones under the second phase of the Indira Gandhi Free Mobile Scheme, out of a total of 01 crore 35 lakh women. Women can register for the Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme by going to the inflation relief camp that is closest to them.
You must bring your passport-size photo, your Aadhaar card, your Janadhar card, your PAN card, if applicable, and a phone number linked to your Janadhar card with you when you go to the camp.
Female students must carry their ID card, and widows and women receiving single women’s pension are required to carry their PPO number.
Who is Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana for?
These women can take advantage of Rajasthan Free Mobile Scheme 2023:
- Government school girls from 9th to 12th class.
- College/ ITI/ Students studying in polytechnics.
- A woman head of a family who has completed 50 days of employment under the Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- The beneficiary must be an Indian citizen.
- A woman head of a family who has completed 100 days of employment under NREGA.
- Widow/single woman pensioned women.
Which phone will be Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana?
Under this scheme, women get 6800 rupees. The money is transferred through DBT in the e-wallet app (Rs 6125 for phone and Rs 675 for remaining 09 months of internet data this year).
Women can choose the smartphone of the company of their choice, which can also have phones like Realme, Redmi. If you do not like the phone, then you can get any phone of your choice by adding more money from your side for DBT Rs 6125.
- To get free smartphones, women will be given e-KYC in the camp organized by the Rajasthan government. After this, the e-wallet app will be downloaded and installed in your phone.
- Then 6800 rupees will be transferred through DBT to your e-wallet app.
- After this, you will be able to choose the phone, SIM and internet data plan of the company of your choice.
- Under this plan, you will get free internet connectivity for 3 years.
- The mobile will have dual SIM facility.
How to check Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana(check name status)?
The distribution of phones under the Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme 2023 has started from August 10. After this, the phone will be distributed in phase-wise. To check whether your name is in this scheme or not, you have to follow the following method:
Step-1: To check your name, first visit the official website Public Information Portal (https://jansoochna.rajasthan.gov.in/).
Step-2: After opening the site, you will see the option of “Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme” (Eligibility of Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme) at the top. Click on it.
Step 3: After this, enter your JanAadhaar number.
Step-4: After this, you have to select your category, which is related to you. These categories are as follows…
- Widow/single woman
- NREGA (100 days in 2022-23)
- Indira Gandhi Urban Employment (50 days year 2022-23)
- Girl (College-Art, Commerce, Science)
- Girl (College- Sanskrit)
- Girl (College-Polytechnic)
- Girl (College-ITI)
- Girl Classes 9-12 (Government School). You have to select one of these.
Step 5: After this, you have to click on the “Submit” button. After this, you will see on the screen whether you are covered under this scheme or not.
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana required documents
- Janadhar Card
- Mobile number entered in Janadhar card
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card Form-60
- ID cards for school girls
- Enrolment card for college students
- PPO of a widowed woman
- Passport size photo (Note – Beneficiary below 18 years of age will have to visit with Janadhar Mukhiya. )
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana How to find the nearest camp?
The first phase of Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana has started from August 10, 2023. For this, camps are being set up by the government at different places. If you want, you can search the nearest camp for mobile distribution with the help of the official website.
Step-1: First of all, you have to open the official website https://igsy.rajasthan.gov.in website of Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana.
Step-2: After opening the home page here, click on the ‘Document’ option and click on the order and directions option.
Step-3: After this, the option of district, camp, date to date will appear. You have to choose your district, camp, date.
Step 4: Now you have to click on ‘Find’. Camp information of Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana will appear on your screen. In this way, you can get information about the nearest camp.
Families benefiting from free smartphone scheme (October, 2023)
|Widow/ Single woman (pensioner)||1335846|
|NREGA (100 days 2022-23)||150573|
|Indira Gandhi Urban Employment (50 days 2022-23)||56782|
|Student (College- Arts, Commerce, Science)||135376|
|9-12 Grade Students (Government Schools)||697124|
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana Benefits and Features
- Under the Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Scheme, women and girl students of the state will be given the benefit.
- More than 1 crore 30 lakh women and daughters will be given smartphones by the Rajasthan government.
- In the first phase of this scheme, 40 lakh women will get smart phones along with 3 years of free internet data.
- The beneficiary will have to pay an additional amount if he buys a mobile phone worth more than the amount fixed by the government.
- On purchasing the mobile, the amount fixed by the government will be transferred to the mobile company account.
- Apart from this, 675 rupees will be given for data recharge for 9 months.
- Under this scheme, smartphones will be made available to the beneficiary women through mobile phone companies of private and government companies providing telecom services.
- To buy mobiles, 6 thousand 800 rupees will be given to companies by the government.
- Widows and families of government schools will be given priority under this scheme.
- Widows and most of the women working in MGNREGA will benefit from this scheme.
- Under this scheme, camps will be organized in different phases regarding mobile distribution.
- Apart from this, mobile connectivity will remain from home school.
- Women will be empowered and self-reliant by getting free smartphones.
- Now women will not need to go anywhere to get information related to any scheme, so they will be able to get all the information through mobile.
- Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Scheme will enable girl students to get digital knowledge.