Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin: On October 2, 2014, The Prime Minister of India launched the Swachh Bharat Mission with the aim of achieving universal sanitation coverage and bringing attention to sanitation issues. The mission set a goal for all villages, Gram Panchayats, Districts, States, and Union Territories in India to declare themselves “open-defecation free” (ODF) by October 2, 2019, which marked the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. This ambitious objective was to be achieved by constructing over 100 million toilets in rural India.
To ensure that the ODF behaviors are sustained, no one is left behind, and that proper solid and liquid waste management facilities are accessible, the Mission is now moving into Phase II, known as ODF-Plus. In this phase, the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) will focus on the following key areas:
- Reinforcing ODF Behaviors: The mission will continue to promote and reinforce open defecation free (ODF) behaviors within communities. This involves educating and encouraging people to use the newly constructed toilets instead of practicing open defecation.
- Safe Management of Solid Waste: ODF-Plus will emphasize the safe and proper management of solid waste in villages. This includes the collection, segregation, and disposal of solid waste to prevent environmental pollution and health hazards.
- Safe Management of Liquid Waste: In addition to solid waste, the mission will also address the safe management of liquid waste, such as wastewater and sewage. Proper disposal and treatment of liquid waste are critical to maintaining hygiene and preventing contamination of water sources.
- Accessibility: Ensuring that all individuals have access to sanitation facilities and waste management services, with a focus on inclusivity and equity.
Overall, ODF-Plus activities under Phase II of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) aim to build on the achievements of the initial phase by not only achieving ODF status but also by sustaining these behaviors and addressing waste management challenges in rural areas. This comprehensive approach is essential for improving public health, environmental conservation, and the overall quality of life in Indian villages.
Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin
Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin has evoked a sense of responsibility among the people. With citizens now becoming active participants incleanliness activities across the nation, the dream of a ‘Clean India’ once seen by Mahatma Gandhi has begun to get a shape.
The key objective of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (Phase2) is to sustain the ODF status of all the 6 lakh rural villages and to improve the level of cleanliness by making arrangement of solid and liquid waste management as ODF Plus by 2024-25.
The e-Governance Solutions including Mobile Apps, MIS, dashboards APIs, developed by NIC for Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen (SBM-G), with the help of Department of Drinking Water Sanitation, aim to track the progress of ODF Plus progress in different states. The following are some important features:
- SBM-G e-governance solution is a Robust, Interoperable, Scalable, Secure and Role-based system which enables user to enter all the assets of solid and liquid along with geo coordinates using mobile app.
- SLWM assets created from MGNREGAs and FFC are being taken through web services of all the respective ministries / departments.
- On the basis of assets created in SBM / MGNREGA / FFC, villages are being declared as ODF Plus (Aspiring / Rising / Model) in SBM MIS.
- Information captured from mobile app and other IT tools is being displayed on the public dashboard. This can be tracked down up to village level (list of assets along with image and coordinates).
- This IT system is being used by all the field level state officials including stakeholders and all the department / ministries of GOI.
- MIS is being used for approval of assets by block and district level officials entered by geo tagger. Also, it is being used to report the expenditure incurred against reported assets and also generating various reports (including query based) as desired by various stakeholders.
People from various walks of life have enthusiastically participated in the nationwide cleanliness movement. This includes government officials, soldiers, Bollywood actors, sports personalities, industrialists, and spiritual leaders, all uniting for this noble cause. Millions of individuals across the country have been consistently joining hands with government departments, NGOs, and local community centers to contribute to India’s cleanliness drive.
To promote cleanliness and hygiene, frequent cleanliness campaigns are organized, and awareness is spread through various means, including theatrical performances and music. Notably, Bollywood celebrities and television actors have actively supported and participated in this initiative.
The Hon’ble Chief Minister has set a visionary goal to make the state Open Defecation Free (ODF) by 2017. The State Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin (SBM-G) has devised plans to achieve this goal as outlined by the Chief Minister. A crucial aspect of the Swachh Bharat Mission is community participation, which is vital in reaching out to nearly 25 lakh families across the state.
In summary, the Swachh Bharat Mission has garnered widespread support from diverse sections of society, and it has become a collective effort to make India cleaner and promote hygiene. the government is actively working towards achieving the ODF goal set by the Chief Minister, with a strong focus on involving communities in this important endeavor.
|Guidelines for Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin)||416.39 KB|
Apply Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin Toilet Registration & Application Form
In terms of the political system and hygiene in India, the Swachh Bharat Mission is a truly revolutionary project. It is one of the first instances of this kind of relocation where hygiene and sanitation are given top priority. You can learn all the details regarding the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin Toilet Application Form here.
You must first register with the same web page in order to be eligible for the benefits and have your name added to the list that will allow you to declare that you have a toilet installed on.
It’s a rather easy procedure that just you to supply some basic information about yourself, including a few crucial ones that may be readily seeded with your Aadhaar information. Following are the steps:
Swachh Bharat Mission Toilet Application Form
You will be invited to complete the application form after this procedure is finished. More information will also need to be entered here. These are listed below:
- Bank Account Number and IFSC Code
- Bank Passbook First Page Scanned Copy
- Aadhaar Number
- Urban Local Body
You will then need to describe the type of toilet you have at your residence. To take advantage of the reward that will be transferred immediately to your bank account, do this. No middlemen could possibly be involved in this.
Those are namely:
- Not Existing
- Dry Latrine
- Bahao Type Latrine
- Unsanitary Latrine based on Single Pit
Make the appropriate choice and input the contact information for the two referees who will serve as sources of support for the claim you are presently making. Both the signatures and their information are required.
Once all the information has been verified and the Aadhaar seeding is finished, you will be qualified for the incentive and your name will appear on the official website, helping to keep your neighborhood, state, and—more importantly—your entire country clean.
Swachh Bharat Mission/Abhiyan Gramin Toilet
Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin Toilet, as the name suggests, informs us about the state of cleanliness and sanitation in our rural and outlying neighborhoods.
Thanks to the overall reports, positive results are seen with the scheme’s continued advancement.
The Swachh Bharat Mission’s total statistics are as follows:
If you’ve any thoughts on the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin – Toilet Registration & Application Form then feel free to drop them in the below comment box. Keep visiting our website: sevakyojana.com for new updates.
I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end.