Vishwakarma Yojana: Under the PM Vishwakarma Scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the government will give subsidy of up to 8 percent on the loan given to artisans. Under this scheme, the effective can take a loan of up to Rs 3 lakh, that too at a concessional interest of only 5 percent. The scheme covers 18 sectors involving carpenters, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, masons, stone sculptors, barbers and sailors. The government will give a loan of up to Rs 3 lakh under this. Apply Online (Official Website)
Initially, a loan of Rs 1 lakh will be given and after paying for 18 months, the beneficiary will be eligible for an additional loan of Rs 2 lakh. The interest rate will remain at 5 percent. Know what are the conditions for this scheme, who is eligible, what documents will be required and what is the process of online and offline application.
Let me first explain what the PM Vishwakarma Yojana is. So allow us to inform you that this program will aid traditional tradespeople including goldsmiths, blacksmiths, barbers, and charmers in a variety of ways. The 18 traditional skill jobs covered by the program will aid Indian artisans and craftspeople in both rural and urban locations. Among them are carpenters, boat builders, blacksmiths, lock pickers, goldsmiths, potters, and makers of other items, as well as sculptors, masons, toy makers, fish net manufacturers, and others.
Eligibility for Vishwakarma Yojana
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The beneficiary should belong to one of the 18 trades decided.
- The age of the applicant should be more than 18 years and less than 50 years.
- Candidate should have a certificate in the relevant trade from a recognized institute.
- Must belong to one of the 140 castes included in the scheme.
Vishwakarma Yojana Documents Required
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Valid mobile number
- Passport size photograph
- Identity Card
- Residence certificate
- Bank Passbook
Vishwakarma Yojana Benefits
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to traditional traders like carpenters, tailors, basket weavers, barbers, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, potters, confectioners, cobblers and handicrafts of urban and rural areas of the state.
- Under the Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana 2023, 6 days free training will be provided to carpenters, tailors, basket weavers, barbers, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, potters, confectioners, cobblers etc. Along with this, financial assistance ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 10 lakh will also be provided.
- The Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana would provide jobs for 15,000 individuals annually.
- State beneficiaries who are interested in participating in this program must submit an online application.
- The state government will cover the whole cost of every form of training offered under the Vishwakarma Yojana.
- To encourage all of the state’s traditional workers to develop and become self-employed through this plan.
Loan will be available at 5 percent interest
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman described the PM Vishwakarma Scheme, stating that it allows the government to lend artisans up to Rs 3 lakh at a reduced interest rate of 5% without requiring any collateral.
The beneficiary of this scheme would initially receive a loan of one lakh rupees, which will thereafter be repaid on their behalf. In addition, he will receive Rs. 2 lakh.
18 professions, including carpenters, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, masons, stone idol makers, barbers, and boat builders, would benefit from the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
Skill training will be available in PM Vishwakarma Scheme
In accordance with the PM Vishwakarma Scheme, training will last for five days and will be compensated with 500 rupees per day. A reward of Rs 15,000 will also be provided as a toolbox incentive in addition to this. Incentives of up to one rupee per transaction up to 100 transactions would be granted concurrently to encourage digital transactions.
People associated with these 18 businesses will benefit
- Boat Builders
- Weapon Makers
- Lock-Makers (Repairers)
- Hammer & Toolkit Manufacturer
- Traditional doll and Toy makers
- Fish Net Makers
- Baskets, Mats, Broom Makers
- Raj Mistry
Objective of Vishwakarma Yojana
The state’s labor force includes, as you are all aware, carpenters, tailors, basket weavers, barbers, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, potters, confectioners, and cobblers, all of whom are unable to run their own businesses due to their precarious financial situations. The Uttar Pradesh government started this program to deal with this problem.
The main objective of this program is to assist and promote traditional tradesmen and handicrafts in both urban and rural areas of the state, including carpenters, tailors, basket weavers, barbers, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, potters, confectioners, and cobblers. Giving these employees 6 days of free training through the Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana, as well as providing local and traditional craftspeople with financial assistance to launch small companies, ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 10 lakh.
How to check the status of the application?
- First of all, you have to go to the official website.
- After going to the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home page, you have to click on the option of Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana.
- Your application number must be entered there.
- The form to check the status of the application is available on this page.
- After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you.
- To find out the status of your application after this, click the button. The application status will then appear in front of you after that.
Vishwakarma Yojana Apply Online
- Visit the official website pmvishwakarma.gov.in.
- PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana will appear on the homepage.
- Select the Apply Online Option link that is available here.
- Now here you will need to register yourself.
- Your mobile device will get an SMS containing the registration number and password.
- After this, read the registration form thoroughly and fill it completely.
- Scan and upload all the documents sought along with the filled form.
- Now check the information recorded in the form once again and submit it.
Customer Care Helpline Numbers
This is the necessary condition for application
In order to register for the Pradhan Mantri Vishwakarma Yojana, you must first realize that the candidate must be at least 18 years old.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Vishwakarma Labour Scheme?
The plan includes giving trained artisans financial aid on par with semi-skilled earnings. Each participant of this program will receive five days of skill development coupled with a daily allowance of Rs 500. A three-tiered system will be used to identify each beneficiary.
What is the last date of Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana?
Applying for this program has begun, and you have until August 15 to do it online. The interview for the tailor trade will begin the next day, or on August 16. The government will also provide 10 days of training and a toolkit to applicants who are accepted under this program.
How much money will I receive on my work card?
Each month, 500 rupees will be deposited into the accounts of government labor card holders via the e-labor card. They will get this money for 4 months, with a total of 2000 rupees being deposited into the account in 500-rupee increments.
When will the workers’ money come?
When will the labor card with 1000 arrive? The e-labor card users received the first installment of Rs 1000 in January 2022; the second installment of Rs 1000 will now be delivered in July 2023.
The Vishwakarma Yojana is a pivotal initiative that plays a significant role in advancing the skills and economic empowerment of artisans and craftsmen in India. By providing them with training, financial support, and access to modern tools and technology, this scheme not only preserves our rich cultural heritage but also ensures that artisans can thrive in a rapidly evolving world.